I love photography and have a real passion for green issues, so I feel truly privileged to be able to combine these two passions into one. By its very nature, modern photography can be eco-friendly to some extent; however I firmly believe it is important to go that extra mile. Eco wedding photography is a great way to do that and these are just some of the ways that I am doing my bit.
– Digital photographic equipment and processing techniques reduces the need for unnecessary chemical printing and photographic paper usage
– UK-made wedding albums, using as many local suppliers as possible, reduces the carbon footprint from transportation
– Folio albums are shipped using UPS’s carbon neutral service
– The password-protected Client Lounge allows you to view full set of your images at a high quality standard and place print orders, negating the need for proof books and the associated waste paper
– Prints ordered from the Client Lounge are delivered directly from the photographic printers to the client’s home, reducing the impact of transportation
– Rechargeable batteries are used in all equipment and recycled at the end of their life
– Environmentally-friendly packaging is used to keep waste to a minimum
– Used stationary, packaging and waste materials (paper, plastic, print cartridges, etc.) are recycled
– Communication is made via email or telephone, wherever possible, to minimise paper use and reduce the impacts of postage/delivery
– My home-based office allows me to minimise the impact from additional power usage and travel
– Working on-location, either at a client’s home or business premises, or better still outside in the natural environment, allows me to reduce my energy usage and make the most of the natural world.
I aim to make sustainable choices wherever possible, and these factors should be the primary decision factor when reasonable. I operate as an eco wedding photographer, offering environmentally-conscious clients the best possible package to suit their personal needs, whilst having as little impact on the planet as possible.